TRIPLE III TIME: Communication: How Much Is Enough Or Too Much?
I don’t have to tell you or explain why EVERYONE in all walks of life are facing Communication: How Much Is Enough Or Too Much… challenges. Challenges like:
- What is the best communication method to use in certain areas?
- Who gets included in some emails or not others?
- Is it still OK to make your own handwritten sign and just put it in the hall?
- Are some issues still a “secret” to communicate when there is nothing secret about them?
- Is there short and long-term value in just giving most messages/information to everyone?
- How do you avoid having people think your messages are NOT that important?
The list of communication challenges questions is endless. However, this TRIPLE III TIME message is intended to offer some common sense communication challenge “helpers” to maybe use everyday… EVERYDAY!
First, no matter your personal/professional role or the goal of your communication… YOU are the LEADER. Content, distribution and timing are all in your court… so grab this responsibility opportunity and be decisive. Developing a style and standard for your communication will cause message receivers to look forward to your information and be more prepared for its distribution.
Second, in terms of distribution, I have always been more successful when siding in the area of INCLUSION. Eliminating the occurrence of co-workers or colleagues claiming “I didn’t receive that message” … or “no one told me” … is worth the extra effort of ultra-sharing action!
Finally, in addition to SIMPLICITY… AUTHENTICITY matters. There is nothing wrong with a colorful handwritten sign or message! People appreciate passion, caring, involvement, commitment and personal interest… especially when they can receive a custom visual!
Every communication responsibility is unique. But if you keep the terms: LEADER, INCLUSION, SIMPLICITY and AUTHENTICITY strategically in mind… you will be fine.