TRIPLE III TIME: Reloading Time
I will admit that I have never adjusted well to the “momentum-slow-down” that occurs in many public and private organizations during the summer months. Yes vacations are important and Michigan tourist opportunities are at their peak…but maybe while during this summer season, couldn’t we also consider it a progressive professional Reloading Time?
What do I mean by a Reloading Time?
Well to me a Reloading Time is when you consider the projects and actions that made you special in your profession over the last year. Rethink about actions that you took to prepare for the projects…and those taken during implementation. Then very specifically try to determine what made the efforts special! And then:
- Write down special actions in simple terms
- Write down three (3) things you could have done better
- Write down restart (not repeat) actions if/when you take on a similar project
- Write down ways to avoid “hiding-spots” and not detour around areas of challenge
- Write down assumptions made during project service…that were incorrect
- Write down the importance of not getting too far ahead of your people/customers…but likewise not too far behind them during service delivery
As you can see I did not list my traditional TOP 10 items for this Reloading Time TRIPLE III TIME message…because the 4th of July is coming up. My Reloading Time intention is to encourage you to peacefully, quietly, professionally think about where you have successfully been…to help you plan for where you may be creatively going.