TRIPLE III TIME: Business Success “Secrets”
Recently I had the opportunity to talk with a long-time small business owner about why he thought he was successful. It was an entertaining discussion and because he was both modest and reserved about his success status…it was challenging to try and capsulize the ideas he called his “secrets”. Fortunately however, after we parted ways, I wrote down a few that are ideal for this week’s TRIPLE III TIME message!
- Implement ideas fast. Don’t ponder details and try to make it perfect. Just use your positive energy and get going.
- Surround yourself with good idea people. You need to work and share concepts with people who look to the future and see potential.
- Use your strengths and find resources/partners to facilitate implementation of your ideas. You can’t be everything to everyone.
- Place a strict limit on how much time, money and energy you will give to a specific idea. You will need some in reserve for the next cool idea.
- Be professionally generous and don’t be afraid to share information or help a colleague and ask nothing in return. People will remember you for this.
I wish I could have taped the entire conversation…so I could have remembered even more “secrets”. But these five really say a lot for business and personal success.