TRIPLE III TIME: Age-Blending
One of the organizational development issues I have witnessed as different public and private sector groups address growth…is Age-Blending. In so many organizations there seems to be a high incidence of older employees now blending together with very young workers. Now don’t misunderstand…I am not indicating that there is a problem issue…I just think that leadership needs to formulate a proactive Age-Blending process to maximize the workplace contributions of both the young and old! Think about this TOP 10 customized list of Age-Blending strategic planning moments:
- A Products/Services then and now awareness session.
- A discussion of organization customers and evolution of needs.
- Contributions on work ethic priorities and todays social media impacts.
- A review and analysis of the organizations current work culture.
- Organizational attitudes regarding change and innovation.
- Everyone’s thoughts about open communication and “chains-of-command”.
- Definitions and expectations of product and service quality.
- Discussing the teamwork structure within the organization.
- Understanding the “hands-on/hands-off” leadership style of the organization.
- TOGETHER…what the future of the organization looks like.
I believe dedicating one or two hours of strategic planning discussion on each of these topics would be an excellent Age-Blending organizational development action.