TRIPLE III TIME: Do People REALLY Hear Me?
It is now the first week of our new year 2022! And although I was thinking about a message of inspiration and future-thought… I decided we need to start with a “head-on” TRIPLE III TIME topic: Do People REALLY Hear Me?
Think about it.
In this day and age of fast, extensive and multi-faceted communication…it is very necessary and appropriate to regularly ask yourself: Do People REALLY Hear Me? As I thought about the value of this message I couldn’t help but remember the Charlie Brown cartoons/comic strips where the terms “Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha” were regularly used to demonstrate that no one was really listening to someone important. I believe that too often today when we speak or when we listen…the “Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha” syndrome takes effect.
So what’s the potential remedy to resolve the “Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha” syndrome? Here’s a few TRIPLE III TIME ideas:
- Use a blended written & voice strategy to convey your message.
- Don’t be the only, continuous voice when making a point…allow others to share the responsibility.
- Make it a regular practice to ask: Did you hear/understand what I said?
- Apply a strict time limit to each topic and to the overall time dedicated to an individual or group meeting/training.
- Don’t be afraid to use today’s techno-options for unique short communication “lessons” to help people hear you.
- Consider fun, informal small group “Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha” syndrome resolution sessions.
The answer to the Do People REALLY Hear Me? TRIPLE III TIME topic question does not have to be controversial or negative. If everyone understands that professional discomfort is a natural part of personal and professional growth…the answers to achieve quality hearing/listening may come much easier than you think.
Posted on January 7, 2022, in COMMUNICATION LIVES, Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment