TRIPLE III TIME: “Subtle Leadership”
This year my Dad would have been 91. And I will openly admit that there are many times each week that I think about what he might say or believe about “the state of everything”. I contend that his comments would be brief and to the point…but in the most unique way…each statement would qualify as: “Subtle Leadership”.
So in my fun TRIPLE III TIME way…here are my DAD’s TOP 10 “Subtle Leadership” 2021 reflections:
- Mask or no mask…there’s work to do so get out there and do it.
- Only take stuff with you that you know you will need…the rest will get too heavy to carry.
- Make a note about what you need to get done…otherwise you will forget.
- If you say you already know everything…why am I telling you something you need to know.
- People get scared sometimes…and that’s ok.
- Do you listen or sing a few of the songs we used to play…and then smile.
- If people tell you they have not tried farming a certain way before…try it and be the first.
- Make time for feeding young and older calves and cows…you need them all.
- It’s OK to go out and work a field later at night…it gives you special time to think.
- Remembering only negative stuff can take up a lot of space in your brain.
Yes I can almost hear him say each of these TOP 10 “Subtle Leadership” points. Read them a couple times and think about how they may help you too.