TRIPLE III TIME: We Are All Teachers… Sometime!
It has been a while since I came across a writing that I wanted to share via a TRIPLE III TIME message. The sixteen (16) universal teaching techniques listed below were included in an article written by Chuck Salter. In his article, he linked great teachers with effective classroom leadership and believes these techniques need to be nurtured and applied continuously. Check them out:
- It’s not about you; it’s about them. [Let students share too!]
- Study your students.
- Students take risks when teachers create a safe environment.
- Great teachers exude passion as well as purpose.
- Students learn when teachers show them how much they need to learn.
- Keep it clear even if you can’t keep it simple.
- Practice vulnerability without sacrificing credibility.
- Teach from the heart.
- Repeat the important points.
- Good teachers ask good questions.
- You’re not passing out information. [This means that you are teaching others how to think.]
- Stop talking –and start listening.
- Learn what to listen for.
- Let your students teach each other.
- Avoid using the same approach for everyone.
- Never stop teaching. [This means be approachable after class time.]
We Are All Teachers… Sometime! At our job, at home, with family, friends, or colleagues… teaching happens. So keep this list handy and use it often.