TRIPLE III TIME: Assembling the Dream Team!
Every now and again individuals are asked to take on a unique tough task and to organize a group to “git-r-done”! Most times those assigned the challenge are familiar with co-workers and other partners … people who would/could help in getting the best result for the time and effort required. But did you ever take the time to identify and list the qualities you would look for while Assembling the Dream Team?
Well during all of my career I have had to put together teams of professionals that I believed were “the best in the business”. However, at no time did I ever find a helpful list of personnel traits that would aide in Assembling the Dream Team to take on a specific challenge. So as you can guess this week’s TRIPLE III TIME message is all about a special TOP 10 for that purpose.
- Each candidate must be able to “see and feel” the outcome goal… before anything even starts.
- Diversity of team member skill sets is an expectation.
- Familiarity with the objective is not a must for all members… but at least half.
- Compatible senses of humor are helpful… because FUN is a teamwork must.
- Debate is required… not just expected regarding the best actions for the initiative.
- A realist in the cost area is a mandatory membership area… maybe even more than one.
- Likewise a designated “keeper-of-the-records” must be included to ensure documentation of steady progress and proof of goal achievement.
- This is hard to explain… but a common sense, practical application team member is required to “tell the story” of how and why.
- An add-value team member would be someone who is artistic… and can help offer the VISUAL.
- Finally (but for sure my priority member) DREAMERS! Members who can have a futuristic, creative, new era, innovation-based mode of conduct and influence!
I could probably extend the list but I think it is important to everyone reading this Assembling the Dream Team message to add their own ideas. I hope this helps!
Posted on February 21, 2020, in Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment