TRIPLE III TIME: An Innovation Advisor
As the world-of-work continues to evolve and change in our high-tech, global, faster paced employment environment, I am always fascinated with the creation of “new” jobs. You know what I mean! Web Designer, Blog Supervisor, Drone Mechanic, Web-Cast Producer and the list goes on and on. But on a less technological and more face-to-face personal level, do you think anyone ever considered the need/value of retaining An Innovation Advisor?
Yes, I said An Innovation Advisor!
Just as many workplaces have an attorney on retainer for legal advice and document-building, wouldn’t it make sense to use that same approach to have access to someone who could:
- Offer non-traditional service/product concepts.
- Help initiate/expand a culture of innovation in your workplace.
- Coach personnel on the generation of new ideas.
- Suggest alternative communication techniques to enhance everyone’s supported understanding.
- Create new-age linkages with other organizations/businesses.
- Help dissolve the “we have always done it this way” mindset.
- Design fun ways to better bring old and new staff closer together.
- Facilitate an inclusion-style of organizational operations to better benefit from everyone’s skills.
- Assist in Board meeting agenda-building/meeting conduct to attain FULL ENGAGEMENT of members.
- Initiate an ongoing “Staff Recycling” process to ensure everyone has high value and never becomes outdated.
An Innovation Advisor would intentionally not “fit” in any one specific area…and would always remain “unique-in-service” to the person(s) they are working with.
Please give this TOP 10 extra “new job” thought.