TRIPLE III TIME: “Apply Patience”
One of the greatest challenges we all face on a personal and professional level is calculating how to most appropriately Apply Patience to an issue/situation.
What do I mean?
I have always operated on a “full-steam” approach in life and in the world of work. As a result, it has been difficult to Apply Patience and enable family members and co-workers to catch up to where I thought I was. The lesson learned has always been that you can be a problem by being too far ahead as much as being too far behind!
So how about if we use this week’s TRIPLE III TIME message to offer a TOP 10 list of considerations on how to best Apply Patience.
- Don’t ever think/believe everyone operates at the same pace you do.
- Applying a little extra patience may help in avoiding a mistake…that you didn’t see coming.
- Applying patience by trading places with those you are working with will help to get a better TOTAL picture of the issue.
- Continually re-reminding yourself (with a little extra patience) of the goal/action you are seeking is vital!
- However, don’t let the availability of applying quality patience result in priority distractions.
- Apply patience but also retain firm attention to responsible timeframes.
- Refer back to when a leader you respect/admire applied patience to a situation and achieved good results.
- Use additional patience to solicit additional input from those personally or professionally impacted.
- Remember that you/your group sets the “Finish Line” for your efforts…so fast or slow…it is in your hands.
- Finally, don’t stare at the clock or calendar when applying patience…you will be defeating its professional development purpose!
Quality patience is a solid leadership trait. Hopefully this TOP 10 helps build your skills.