TRIPLE III TIME: “He or She Ain’t the Boss of Me!”
I am guessing and hoping that everyone is giggling or even laughing out loud as they read this week’s TRIPLE III TIME message title: “He or She Ain’t The Boss of ME!” And as I have thought about this topic, I am believing that most…if not all of us have heard this exclamation a time or two. Maybe it was said in jest…or maybe in an angry frustrated moment. However, I would bet that few have taken the time to assess the personnel influences standing behind this negative proclamation?!
So this week I want to take a serious TOP 10 look at the “behind-the-scenes” personnel influences that drives the: “He or She Ain’t The Boss of ME!” statement.
- Does this statement come out due to confusion on who answers to who?
- Are there one or two individuals that incorrectly assume they are managers or directors?
- Do your operations directives have oversite gaps?
- How current is your organizational flow chart?
- Is your agency/business driven by a team of micro-managers?
- Can innovative thoughts and actions be assumed in your place of business?
- Do your employees worry more about what certain people think or a quality product/service?
- Does organizational history of leadership overshadow what is actual today?
- Are job titles, earnings and/or tenure allowed to over-impact REAL Boss of Me issues?
- Does everyone have an opportunity to lead or follow based on assumptions or expertise?
These are all serious questions regarding the “He or She Ain’t The Boss of ME!” concern. Consider them one at a time to discover any Boss of Me issues that need to be addressed.
Posted on May 12, 2023, in LEADERSHIP - ALWAYS!. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment