TRIPLE III TIME: Where Do YOU Fall On The Request For Advice/Input/Help “Scale”?
This week we are going to discuss an issue that impacts EVERYONE…as leaders, parents, co-workers, friends…EVERYONE! I can’t say that we are asking about a personality trait or something that was learned as you grew up. But this TRIPLE III TIME message is all about: Where Do YOU Fall On The Request For Advice/Input/Help “Scale”?
Ok, let me explain the question a little better.
When someone at home or in your workplace brings up an issue that they are having trouble dealing with…are you:
- The “Advice God” with the absolute right answer every time?
- The “Critical Evaluator” that criticizes all that someone has tried to do?
- The “Forever Analyst” that just believes taking more assessment time is best?
- The “There Are Many Other Issues Confuser” that makes the issue more complex than need be?
- The “Quiet Listener” that hears the whole story but says nothing?
- The “Did You Try This Suggester” that has unlimited ideas one can consider?
- The “My Experience Tells Me Teacher” that only considers a historic action?
- The “I Will Help Volunteer” that uses partnerships for progress?
My guess is that we have all experienced people in our daily lives that fits into one or more of these categories…but again where are YOU on the Advice/Input/Help Scale?
Well I will admit that there have been times and issues when I have fit into any one of the eight Scale examples. Why? Because it is the ISSUE that most often draws out the Scale option in you. However, the goal of this TRIPLE III TIME message is to help everyone examine their Advice/Input/Help Scale style and be better choosers of Scale options as issues come up. Is it easy…NO…but will it help build quality partnerships and better product/service outcomes…YES!
Posted on December 9, 2022, in DEVELOPING YOU!, Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment