TRIPLE III TIME: The Battle Against “Slowness”
As effective managers…supervisors…leaders it is always a major responsibility to keep everyone productive and working at a full-employment pace. Some leaders strive to keep everyone challenged…maybe beyond regular capacities, while others in leadership positions remain satisfied with a pattern of maintenance speed.
But today’s TRIPLE III TIME message is how to deal with: The Battle Against “Slowness” in the workplace.
The Battle Against “Slowness” appears when the product or service you are involved in loses value and the demand goes down. Or when your special business niche is no longer special and worker activities slow to an unprecedented level. The impacts of “Slowness” on workers having too much undriven time are numerous. Consider this TOP 10 list of challenging negative impacts:
- Inability to prioritize.
- Gossip/rumor mills increase.
- Lost sense of production urgency.
- Minutia becomes a daily principle.
- People become involved in other people’s job/business.
- The “addiction” to non-work computer time goes way up.
- The quality of task completion goes down.
- Arriving to work early and staying a little late evaporates.
- The appeal to work somewhere else becomes more regular.
- The value of and priority of having a GREAT WORKPLACE CULTURE becomes an overbearing business/organizational issue.
Do I have several great suggestions? My single suggestion is innovation. But just discussing and collaboratively addressing The Battle Against “Slowness” is very important. This Battle is EVERYONE’s job and anyone who ignores it becomes part of the problem. The solutions are a constant work in progress with innovation as a motivator.