TRIPLE III TIME: Prepping For The “Pick Me!” Moment
Whether you are seated at a formal meeting, a motivational workshop, a team building session or just with a small number of co-workers are you ready for the “Pick Me!” moment? Everyone knows what I am talking about. That moment when the meeting leader calls on you to speak on an issue being discussed! Some people don’t look up, some go for long bathroom breaks or even try to convince everyone that they have an urgent call to take in an effort to avoid being picked to share their thoughts.
Prepping For The “Pick Me!” Moment is one of the most important skill sets to attain during your professional career. It is just common sense to understand that people appreciate and respect those that are not only prepared to respond solidly to a question/issue but also display a working knowledge on the proposed topic.
What does this mean in real life?
I believe that because Prepping For The “Pick Me!” Moment is a critical professional priority…everyone should give appropriate attention to the following TRIPLE III TIME suggestions:
- Be “armed and dangerous” with high quality information to share on the topic.
- Offer thoughts and suggestions by volunteering to participate instead of having to be picked for comment.
- Allow for questions at any point during your “Pick Me!” Moments.
- Appropriately add substance to the input of other attendees.
- Be an example of professional compromise on any challenging issue.
- Avoid “Pick Me!” Moment rambling.
- Take short but specific notes as a “standard operating procedure” during “Pick Me!” Moment discussions.
- Don’t limit your prep based only on YOUR views…but from others too.
- Prep for conflicting opinions…always.
- Finally always set a high level “Pick Me!” communication example.
OK…yes I used my TOP 10 TRIPLE III TIME message delivery format. Give them all some thought. You never know when the next “Pick Me!” Moment will arrive!
Posted on November 12, 2021, in DEVELOPING YOU!, Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment