TRIPLE III TIME: APPRECIATION Will “Generate”
Did you ever think about APPRECIATION as an “action word”? Yes, telling someone you appreciate them for what they have done is an action. But let’s consider how strategic, genuine messages of APPRECIATION Will “Generate” further positive activities, initiate innovation opportunities, build on sharing concepts/ideas, and encourage an excitement for “what next”!
Too often people just accept traditional impact responses after offering words of APPRECIATION to someone:
- “I didn’t think anyone really cared”.
- “It’s just part of what I am supposed to do”.
- “Thanks but it’s really no big deal”.
But what would happen if people who were conveying APPRECIATION customized their words:
- “What you did with your report will give us more time to upgrade our technology for everyone!”
- “The way you altered our accounts payable process will save us a ton of admin money!”
- “Your partnerships with all of those organizations will put us in a better service spot and not be taken advantage of or for granted in the future!”
This TRIPLE III TIME message is designed to motivate you to become more individualized/personalized in your words of appreciation. I believe authentic and “futurized” messages of APPRECIATION Will “Generate” unplanned and often unrecognized personnel motivational opportunities. Give this concept a fun try.