TRIPLE III TIME: TIME MANAGEMENT
As you age the challenges of managing your time seem to grow more every day. I guess this should not be a big surprise because the older you get…the more you realize that your “time” is limited. So maybe it’s appropriate for this reason and maybe more for all of us to give TIME MANAGEMENT some special attention this week!
First think about where time management challenges come from. Are most of them generated by employment…family…personal finance…or unforeseen life issues? Second try and determine if certain circumstances drive more time management issues to you or does your life/work style build the incidence of endless challenges and thereby rob you of quality time.
I believe everyone…EVERYONE should seriously assess and personally redesign their own TIME MANAGEMENT strategy…monthly! Creatively addressing the issue of TIME MANAGEMENT on a “keep it fresh” and pre-planned basis is a professionally strong activity. We talked about it before…the speed of change…advances in technology…and a global economy…all demand a persistent TIME MANAGEMENT effectiveness review.
Ok, ok…I can hear the question: What specific TIME MANAGEMENT considerations do I employ? Well, consider these:
- Prioritize completing tasks that enable co-workers to advance their work.
- Perfection doesn’t exist…so do a good job and move on.
- Take on a leader mindset…and don’t allow for time wasting distractions/discussions.
- If you are unsure of what tasks are most important…ask management.
- Minimize multi-tasking…it often reduces product/service quality.
One last thought: My grandpa used to remind me to not waste or give away your time…”cause it comes to you in a limited amount”.