TRIPLE III TIME: ONLINE PARTICIPATION (What If I Don’t?)
Today within this special TRIPLE III TIME message I want to share with everyone the feelings one has when they are asked a unique professional help question that they would NEVER have seen coming! The question: “Dr. Pichla will you help us with a workshop/training session on how to increase ONLINE PARTICIPATION in our organizations activities? Can you picture THE LOOK!? Me…who avoids online anything and lives to be face-to-face for professional positive energy and performance quality!
Well maybe they asked me specifically for the reasons I just wrote (and maybe it would help me too).
No matter the business or service sector you are working in, the need to be involved in online meetings, education, training, sales, performance measurements or planning must include EVERYONE. I think it is also important to point out that regardless of the impacts the COVID pandemic has made regarding this issue, use of advanced technology for all the daily activities identified above…and in a much bigger way…is/was just around the corner.
Given this unavoidable ONLINE PARTICIPATION phenomenon and in response to the NEVER question, I would build my workshop/training session around answering several very direct “onlining” questions:
- Does participating in an online meeting mean you can pay less attention or ask less questions?
- Does conducting an online training mean as long as you get through your slides…all is good?
- Who is responsible for participation quality in an online world?
- How do you eliminate ONLINE PARTICIPATION “hiding places”?
- Does participation…real participation take on an expectation of leadership?
- Should lack of quality personal ONLINE PARTICIPATION have economic impacts?
- How would it feel to NOT be included in an ONLINE PARTICIPATION business growth session?
- Try to describe “all-in” when you think about ONLINE PARTICIPATION?
- How do you get labeled “the best in the business” in the ONLINE PARTICIPATION category?
- Is it appropriate to pick and choose your attention level regarding ONLINE PARTICIPATION?
We would have fun and together learn a lot?
Bottomline: I would remind them that the best answer to QUALITY/GREAT ONLINE PARTICIPATION for anything is found when you look in the mirror.