TRIPLE III TIME: Ageless Example Setting
For some reason lately a growing number of people… from all parts of my personal and professional life… have been asking: “Aren’t you going to retire soon?” And then they follow up THAT question with an extensive list of all the things I won’t have to do if I just move into that retirement phase. Most I think are surprised when I don’t answer with any kind of comment… but I know they feel they have ventured into a uncomfortable life area… so maybe silence IS the best answer.
To be honest, I don’t think I can/will ever take “retirement” seriously. But as I considered how to share this “retirement-related” TRIPLE III TIME message with you… thoughts about example setting… the importance of Ageless Example Setting… quickly became the most important point to discuss.
What do I mean?
I mean that everyone should understand that they are an example to everyone around them everyday… EVERYDAY. And because of this issue a special TOP 10 reminder may be timely!
- RESPECT others not because you have to… but because it is the right thing to do.
- PARTNER with others if you have the opportunity… because more brainpower creates a better product.
- LISTEN better than everyone… it is the best way to learn more.
- EXPLORE new and different customer service options… it will keep you fresh.
- SHARE ideas and concerns openly without criticism… it will build your network.
- KEEP PROMISES that you make… it shows character.
- GIVE BACK in actions to those who have helped you personally and professionally… they will remember too.
- COMPLETE initiatives/assignments… because half-done is a score of 50%
- INNOVATE because you can be the future… and not be considered “old news”
- LEAD when asked… if you don’t you may never be asked again.
These are my TOP 10 Ageless Example Setting priorities. I am sure there are/will be more (because no one really retires from example setting!)
Posted on November 20, 2020, in Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment