TRIPLE III TIME: Make THE Presentation
One of the most important assignments/responsibilities any employee may experience is to Make THE Presentation! First, it seems like everyone has an issue about getting up in front of a bunch of people and offering a cool/solid presentation message. No matter the excuse: “I’m not a good speaker” … “I come across poorly” … “I’ve never done it before” … or “I will become physically sick”… as a leader, I have never completely let anyone off the presentation “hook”!
Today I believe that it is a critical world-of-work skill set… to have the capacity to Make THE Presentation. In fact, in every one of my college classes, I inform every student that they will never know when, where, or why they may be selected to present a job-based topic in their future workplace. So, this week’s TRIPLE III TIME will focus on a special Make THE Presentation TOP 10!
- Prepare your presentation based on what you would want/need to hear… if you were in the audience.
- Look beyond the basics of your topic and maybe offer an example or new option.
- Don’t just read it to people… “feel” your presentation to people too.
- Never be in a rush… message “digestion” often is different for everyone.
- Write down questions people may ask… being over-prepared is being prepared.
- Whether sitting or standing making your presentation… posture matters.
- Select the best, simple, descriptive words possible (Multiple interpretations cause multiple meanings.)
- Let people know WHO you are speaking for… yourself, the company/agency… WHO?
- Practice doesn’t really make a perfect presentation… but it sure helps.
- Finally, just be you… be authentic.
I hope these ideas help… let me know.
Posted on June 12, 2020, in Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment