TRIPLE III TIME: UNPLANNED CUSTOMER SERVICING
During the last few months with all the challenges everyone has had to face… adjust to… apply maximum patience… and struggle to think about “that better day.” With the writing of each TRIPLE III TIME message, I have attempted to continue with positive, useful concepts that may help on a professional or personal level. Specifically, I have tried to avoid references to COVID-19 and/or use of that Pandemic word because there was no feel for progressiveness (if that is really a word) in any message using those terms. However, today with news of designs of “reopening” the world around us… it is necessary to revisit a Leadership/Communication/Innovation/Special Development topic that has changed in all public and private sector areas: UNPLANNED CUSTOMER SERVICING.
Think about it… and when you do… picture your mother or best friend sitting across the counter or desk in front of you. Also understand that this TRIPLE III TIME message is intended to focus your awareness (and make a few suggestions) on UNPLANNED CUSTOMER SERVICING expectations and to begin adapting a long-term strategy for dealing with them.
Here they are:
- More than ever before begin your CUSTOMER SERVICE by better understanding THEIR expectations… they will be different.
- Embrace the notion that “distancing” may have to be the norm.
- Revisit your telephone communication methods, style, length, etc. for effectiveness and efficiency. Specialized listening will be key!
- Don’t expect janitors/custodians to be the single cleaning agents… take a personal role.
- Don’t be angry or afraid of an “online-everything” world.
- As customers… employ extra patience to local businesses… their adjustments are probably bigger than yours.
- Redesigning your business/organization customer service physical layout… may be the timely thing to do.
- Don’t fight the multiple techno-options for conducting staff meetings. (Make technology work even better for you).
- Use this unfortunate event to consider other simplicity/efficiency actions in all that you do.
- Allow new/unique ideas for better UNPLANNED CUSTOMER SERVICING to be considered… from EVERYONE!
Bottomline: The goal of the UNPLANNED CUSTOMER SERVICING TRIPLE III TIME message is to push you harder to see the future. The TOP 10 awareness points are intended to have you think about how our customers will have different expectations when they contact you in person or online. And because every service/product offering is different… so too should be your re-energized CUSTOMER SERVICING strategy. Be a leader in this area… not a follower.