TRIPLE III TIME: INNOVATION Means – Focus on the CAN DOS… not the CAN NOTS!
It is very difficult to draft a TRIPLE III TIME message that attempts to ignore or totally look beyond the impacts of the COVID-19 virus… believe me I have tried. Even when I go back to the beginning of Inspiring Innovations, Inc…. I think about the basic definition of INNOVATION: Introduce Something New… and I realize that all the scientists are working very hard on finding a new cure… right? But what about all of US… how can we maximize our innovative spirit today… tomorrow… in spite of the virus limitations.
Well, I suggest that we consider an alternative INNOVATION definition! One that says: INNOVATION Means – Focus on the CAN DOS… not the CAN NOTS! This means that during this time of endless lists/rules of everything we CAN NOT do… how about if we put together a unique TOP 10 list of CAN DOS!!
- Prepare a “Let’s Go Beyond” list of CAN DO initiatives to consider when you return to your day job (and not just regular restart actions.)
- Complete a “Reconnect” project right now that includes conversing via telephone (not social media) with at least 5 cool leadership colleagues.
- Draft a “Concept Paper” on a personal/professional development component that you will start TODAY!
- Complete an in-depth staff evaluation… on yourself and be critical and honest.
- Identify one (1) person/organization that you would like to partner with on a project… and initiate the conversation TODAY.
- Assess your communication tools, process and timing… determine 3 things you could do better.
- Consider your “example-setting” practices. Are you a GREAT example setter?
- Ask yourself: Who/What inspires me? Why?
- Undertake at least one (1) “mindless” project. (Give your mind a break from the news and worry)
- Determine if you are a good decision maker? Do people come to you for discussions or decisions?
Bottomline: (For today especially) Pick at least one of the INNOVATION Means – Focus on the CAN DOS… not the CAN NOTS TOP 10 ideas… and have fun.