TRIPLE III TIME: THE COMPATIBILITY FACTOR
Today with a good economy and a solid job market, the challenge for everyone recruiting new employees to find the “right” person… is at an all-time high. Resumes, cover letters, college transcripts, letters of recommendation and calls to reference people all are and need to be given extra attention during the selection process! Is the process easy… NO! But is the process in your organization mostly traditional?? Do you ask many of the same questions… follow the same patterns of scoring candidates and assessing the same areas of qualification? Do you ever specifically consider THE COMPATIBILITY FACTOR during the hiring/interview process?
What do I mean by THE COMPATIBILITY FACTOR?
I would suggest that THE COMPATIBILITY FACTOR focuses on the personal and personality “fit” of someone in your organization. Do you assess their:
- Compatibility with your groups professional culture (or do you even know your culture?)
- Compatibility as an idea person or someone who focuses on stability
- Compatibility to flex with the different educational levels of personnel in your organization
- Compatibility to share information and blend into a team
- Compatibility to eliminating an “its not my job” attitude in your workplace
- Compatibility with diverse gender, race, age and ethic service groups
Think about the documents you review and interview questions you ask. Do they give you enough information to rank THE COMPATIBILITY FACTOR of every candidate? Someone may have all the credentials and interview very well… but would they positively/progressively contribute to your organizational culture and enthusiastically support the business/service CAUSE you stand for?? THAT IS THE COMPATIBILITY FACTOR!
Posted on March 13, 2020, in Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment