TRIPLE III TIME: Leadership Learning “CHAIN-LETTER-STYLE”
Did you ever have that “WOW-that was cool” moment when you experienced some form of Leadership Learning Lesson? And then as the day or week goes by… think about how great it would be (and would have been) if you had just taken time to share it with a network of colleagues and friends?!
Well as I debated drafting this Leadership Learning “CHAIN-LETTER-STYLE” TRIPLE III TIME message, I couldn’t help but believe that there is probably a special computer “app” that could easily accomplish my purpose. However, I also remember that it is leadership critical NOT to assume anything! So, as you ponder the most effective and efficient way to share special leadership “bites”, let’s plan to use the tried and true “CHAIN-LETTER-STYLE” methodology just to get the word out!!
What am I proposing? Let me outline my strategy:
- Put together a short list (maybe 5) of leadership colleagues and friends.
- Make a professional promise to yourself to identify at least one (1) “WOW – that was cool!” Leadership Learning Lesson that you have experienced in the last 5-10 days.
- Write a short two (2) paragraph explanation of the Leadership Learning Lesson.
- The Leadership Learning Lessons can be focused on:
- Personnel successes
- Partner building
- Communication improvements
- Delegation actions
- Marketing plans
- Fiscal creativity
The list can be endless… but I believe simplicity would be key.
- Then on a bi-monthly basis send it “CHAIN-LETTER-STYLE” (yes you can email or text them) to those on your list, and encourage them to follow your sharing example and prepare their own Leadership Learning Lessons and pass them on!
Does this prevent cool leadership ideas from falling through the cracks… YES! Does this sound easy… YES! Does it sound old-fashioned… YES! But does it make LEADERSHIP LEARNING a personal responsibility… YES!!
Posted on October 18, 2019, in Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment