TRIPLE III TIME: Problem Solving
Problem Solving is an every day… every job… every organization challenge. And like most professional challenges there are a number of styles, methods, and processes that have been researched to offer you the best options for Problem Solving. But sometimes doesn’t it seem like a number of problems get bound-up together? You know what I mean. I believe it is necessary to first apply simplicity in addressing Problem Solving questions…to sort…to study…and to prioritize!
Therefore, this TRIPLE III TIME message will attempt (with the aid of a TOP 10 list of idea-generating questions) …to help with the Problem-Solving challenge!
- Does the problem totally belong to me…or do I share it with someone?
- What need am I specifically trying to satisfy?
- Is my problem unique or have others tried to solve it?
- What kind of solutions am I looking for in solving my problem?
- What other professionals could I contact for help?
- If I researched my problem…where would I look and what might I find?
- Is this problem a long-time issue…or brand new?
- Are there particular timeframes that push me for a quick problem solution?
- Could the problem be broken up into smaller issues?
- Would it be easy to problem solve based on convenience…or work extra to discover a stronger solution which however may cost more time and money?
I will admit that all 10 questions are common sense based. However, common sense sometimes evaporates when the problem seems too big! Baby steps & simplicity could be major Problem Solving formula ingredients.