TRIPLE III TIME: Read The “ATTITUDE METER”
One of the most critical skill sets that every leader should have is the strong ability to effectively Read The “ATTITUDE METER”!
What do I mean?
I believe that there should be a special workshop/training session totally devoted to developing a methodology to assess and Read The “ATTITUDE METER” of individual coworkers or groups…quickly! Too often unrealized “attitudes” tend to become “elephants-in-the-room” that negatively slow or even cancel the best project/initiative efforts.
So, wouldn’t it be cool if a workshop/training session helped you read and deal with attitudes like:
- We tried this kind of thing before and it didn’t work.
- No one ever tells me what’s going on.
- I have 63 more important things I could be working on.
- I hope this doesn’t last into lunch time.
- Will we have enough breaks so I can check my cell phone for emails/texts?
- I hope I don’t have to work with <<?>>…we just don’t get along.
- Certain people monopolize these meetings…someone should say “shut-up”.
- I wish he/she would quit bringing up last week’s problems…it’s old news.
- I don’t feel good so everyone will just have to deal with my poor attitude.
- None of what we are talking about is my job…why do I need to be here?
Well by now you can feel the slight bit of sarcasm in this week’s TRIPLE III TIME message. To Read The “ATTITUDE METER” of people means you can read their minds…not possible?! So maybe the single most important workshop/training session leadership directive would be to tell everyone: LEAVE YOUR ATTITUDES AT THE DOOR….because I need your TOTAL attention on this progress issue NOW!
Simplicity does matter.