TRIPLE III TIME: “ALWAYS FRESH!”
The strategies for self and/or organizational improvement span a wide variety of topics. One that has come up recently…and although we have touched on it before…is someone’s first impression. But more specifically what do they see when they come through your business door?
So maybe it’s time for a fun test! Have you ever tried to pretend it is your first time visiting one of your business locations and REALLY assessing what you see/hear/feel/smell? All of your senses contribute to your impressions of how positive (or not so positive) you feel during your first visit.
Next as you proceed into the office/business space:
- Are there old, outdated materials posted that automatically project an “old news” image?
- Are desks and workspaces organized and reflective of action?
- When you are greeted do you feel a sense of professional energy?
- Is the lighting good/adequate…or do you have to maneuver to find appropriate reading light?
- By looking around do you observe “answers to your basic questions” …or are you surrounded by confusion or being overwhelmed?
As you can guess there are a number of “What Do They See?” issues that are critical to your professional image. More importantly everyone needs to understand that continuous improvement is NOT just for employees…it is for your facilities/promotional materials/websites too!
ALWAYS FRESH is a good strategy as you address the “What Do They See?” challenge. And remember…there is nothing that can be labeled “TOO FRESH!”