TRIPLE III TIME: A Quality Conversation…NO…A Conversation About Quality!
Continuous Improvement has been the center-piece for much of my Inspiring Innovations advisory work over the last few months. It is always interesting to discuss data, performance, customer service, and communication…but I often get a blank look when I ask: “Do you have regular conversations about QUALITY?” Or more specifically how do you/we go about really measuring the QUALITY of someone’s efforts and what do you use as your measuring stick(s)?
Well as you can see QUALITY is a unique performance piece to measure in many work-based situations. And I am sure there are volumes of research information that you could consult and possibly find helpful guidance on this topic. But today how about if we keep this TRIPLE III TIME message simple and focus on the importance of just having A Conversation About QUALITY and maybe to help get thoughts started…consider these TOP 10 ideas as conversation drivers!
- Recognize that QUALITY calculations are mainly offered from a personal perspective.
- Recognize that QUALITY allows for a wide variety of input considerations. (i.e. timing, money, personnel, etc.)
- Recognize that YOUR QUALITY priority will be different than your co-worker.
- Recognize that age affects one’s vision of QUALITY factors.
- Recognize that trust is an impactor of QUALITY discussions.
- Recognize the “outside influences” that regularly shape your QUALITY views (i.e. newspapers, historians, high-level officials, social media, etc.)
- Recognize that people use professional “hiding-places” to escape strong QUALITY conversations.
- Recognize and encourage the understanding that QUALITY has diversity in meaning and measurements.
- Recognize that change is a required standard in QUALITY applications.
- Finally, recognize that A Conversation About QUALITY is continuous improvement at its finest!
Please never shy-away from A Conversation About QUALITY. QUALITY defines who you are as a professional.