TRIPLE III TIME: “Combating RUT-BLOCKAGE!”
OK I will admit it…sometimes I fall into a professional “rut”. What do I mean by a professional rut? Well it is those times where fresh, cool ideas just don’t seem to come out easily and your mind surprisingly seems to be an empty cavern of blah! And to make matters worse, it also seems like the harder you try to come up with “next-step” positives and possibilities…the louder the echo is in the space between your ears.
1. Go back in time and think about creative games/activities you came up with to cure youthful boredom.
2. Think about if a friend or colleague came to you suffering from “Combating RUT-BLOCKAGE” …where would you start?
3. Reach back and pull out a past cool idea you had…and consider how it could be even better.
4. Change your physical location for a while and maybe see an old challenge in a different way.
5. Remember that simplicity matters…especially when “Combating RUT-BLOCKAGE” ….so keep a new start light and easy.
6. “Phone a friend” (yes, I copied this one) and share your RUT feelings…it will help.
7. Don’t be afraid to take notes about your RUT-BLOCKAGE frustrations. Visuals often paint interesting (NEW) pictures?!
8. Ease your frustrations (at least a little) by taking a deep breath knowing your heroes also faced “Combating RUT-BLOCKAGE” moments.
9. Pick a totally different topic that is special to you…and think about how you could make it even more special.
10. Finally, smile and laugh at yourself. It won’t fill the RUT void…but it will make you feel better.
Let me know which one(s) work the best!