TRIPLE III TIME: Life-Long Learning Options
We have all heard and talked about the importance of Life-Long Learning. Whether the discussion occurs in a school setting or on-the-job, there is no question that taking action to expand your knowledge, awareness of events, understanding of actions and/or just maintaining a competence of where the future may be heading, is personally and professionally critical in our fast-changing world.
But have we ever really considered our Life-Long Learning Options?
Well I believe we often overlook and maybe underestimate the variety of Life-Long Learning Options that we may experience everyday…EVERYDAY! Here is a TOP 10 list to consider:
- Take a class…college, exercise, cooking… “Life” and “Learning” are key words in this message.
- Read a book…the topic is up to you…but topics that make you a better person should be the priority.
- Volunteer to help…so you meet new people and can build on a worthy cause.
- Subscribe to a magazine and commit to completely reading quality informative articles.
- Keep a personal journal…because learning is also recording and “telling your story.”
- Experiment with new-age forms of learning (ebooks, blogs, google maps, etc.)…it’s a whole new experience.
- Mentor someone who may be confused, struggling or personally/professionally stuck…and could benefit from your life-long learning strategy.
- Job-shadow someone who works in a position that you would like to know more about.
- Visit different towns, libraries, college-campuses, historic buildings, businesses, elementary schools, assisted living homes…and see what you don’t regularly see.
- ..hold REAL Life-Long Learning conversations with friends, co-workers, family and colleagues…you know what I mean.
I am sure there are more Life-Long Learning Options that you could add to this list. However this TRIPLE III TIME message is intended to at least get you started!