TRIPLE III TIME: Life-Long Learning Options
We have all heard and talked about the importance of Life-Long Learning. Whether the discussion occurs in a school setting or on-the-job, there is no question that taking action to expand your knowledge, awareness of events, understanding of actions and/or just maintaining a competence of where the future may be heading, is personally and professionally critical in our fast-changing world.
But have we ever really considered our Life-Long Learning Options?
Well I believe we often overlook and maybe underestimate the variety of Life-Long Learning Options that we may experience everyday…EVERYDAY! Here is a TOP 10 list to consider:
- Take a class…college, exercise, cooking… “Life” and “Learning” are key words in this message.
- Read a book…the topic is up to you…but topics that make you a better person should be the priority.
- Volunteer to help…so you meet new people and can build on a worthy cause.
- Subscribe to a magazine and commit to completely reading quality informative articles.
- Keep a personal journal…because learning is also recording and “telling your story.”
- Experiment with new-age forms of learning (ebooks, blogs, google maps, etc.)…it’s a whole new experience.
- Mentor someone who may be confused, struggling or personally/professionally stuck…and could benefit from your life-long learning strategy.
- Job-shadow someone who works in a position that you would like to know more about.
- Visit different towns, libraries, college-campuses, historic buildings, businesses, elementary schools, assisted living homes…and see what you don’t regularly see.
- ..hold REAL Life-Long Learning conversations with friends, co-workers, family and colleagues…you know what I mean.
I am sure there are more Life-Long Learning Options that you could add to this list. However this TRIPLE III TIME message is intended to at least get you started!
Posted on August 3, 2018, in Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment