TRIPLE III TIME: “Stepping FORWARD…Past The Critic”
No one said working with people was/is easy. Attitudes, personalities, age difference and family upbringing all play a huge role in effectively blending people together for a common cause. However, doesn’t it seem that no matter the group or size, there is always at least one person that is critical of every aspect of what you are trying to accomplish. You know what I mean:
- “It’s going to cost too much.”
- “There will be a lot of paperwork involved.”
- “We probably won’t get permission.”
- “I think the color scheme is all wrong.”
- “It’s not big enough…or it’s too small.”
- “We might have to do it more than once.”
- “Will we have to let everyone in?”
- “Can’t we wait until we get more information?”
- “What is everyone else doing?”
- “We have never done it this way, so it probably won’t work.”
Well if you think about “Stepping Forward…Past the Critic”, my main point of advice would be to ask them” “Do you have a BETTER IDEA…and if not then let’s move forward!” To often cool ideas get delayed or diminished due to the “it will never work” critics in a group. Leaders…solid Leaders need to manage these growth challenges by taking the high road approach (i.e. Do you have a BETTER IDEA question).
Finally, be sure to look in the mirror and ask: “Am I a constant critic…or a constant contributor?”
Posted on July 20, 2018, in Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment