TRIPLE III TIME: The 2018 “Leadership Pledge”
As I considered what the first TRIPLE III TIME message should be for 2018…my thoughts instantly circled around the traditional “New Year’s Resolution” practice. Well I could come up with a large number of Resolutions (far beyond a TOP 10), but instead I thought it more valuable to offer a Leadership Pledge…that would feel satisfying even if recited everyday.
Here goes: As a LEADER everyday…EVERYDAY (you need to say it louder the second time) I will:
- Smile from the positives that happen today.
- Walk past the mad/angry feelings of unmet expectations.
- Practice a sense of urgency in all that I do.
- Exercise my creative/innovative muscles so they offer a “good” hurt.
- Shake hands STRONGLY with everyone that I meet.
- Think today about something to look forward to tomorrow.
- Run quickly to any new personal/professional opportunity.
- Roll around in every success so it gets all over me.
- Reach back for help/advice from true friends/colleagues.
- Remember that the word “NO” is very small.
Go ahead and say it over a few times. Don’t just say it in your mind…say it out loud.
Now I think we are ready for 2018!
Posted on January 5, 2018, in Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment