TRIPLE III TIME: Teams/Teaming By Assignment or By Wish?
Over the last nine (9) years (yes nine years of TRIPLE III TIME messages) we have talked about Teams/Teaming and why they are important in our everyday worlds of work. But to be honest I really didn’t understand nor take stock of the critical “building-block” advice that was often contained in each message. Whether the value was with other staff members or partners in a product/service area, Teams/Teaming never lowers in professional value!
This week however we will look at Teams/Teaming from a special angle. As people have discussed the structure of their Boards with me as part of consulting, we talk about the difference between being “ASSIGNED” to a Board versus someone who “WISHES” to join a Board.
Think about it. Consider the commercials that show someone being picked for a team because they are cool and the best. Or back in grade school when people were picked ahead of you because they were better at a certain sport/activity. Are you thinking? Would people pick you or your organization/business FIRST to be on their TEAM??
Before you answer that question, I think you need to first consider another set of TOP 10 questions:
- Do you try to retain an “always progressive” professional stance?
- Do you embrace a teaming priority to ensure everyone wins together with any project?
- Does your group feel pride and proud of what they do…what they produce?
- Does your organization retain a questionable “pick me-pick me” over-whelming communication style?
- Does your agency portray an attitude of always being ready for the next challenge?
- Do people feel safe coming to you for input?
- Do leaders think of you/your group when they consider setting an innovative precedent?
- Would people/organizations brag that they are Teams/Teaming with you/your organization?
- Would someone want to join your Board based on your history?
- Would someone want to experience “repeat-business” with you or your group?
Teams/Teaming By Assignment or By Wish is an interesting self-analysis activity. Give it a try.
Posted on November 18, 2022, in DEVELOPING YOU!. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment