Creating→ Building→ Feeding: The “DRIVE To EXCEL”
Sometimes it is beneficial to look back and try to identify the “Best-Of” actions that resulted in multiple positive/progressive outcomes. One of the areas that I believe it is important to regularly study is successful models of Creating→ Building→ Feeding The “DRIVE To EXCEL”!
What am I trying to say?
As leaders I believe it is critical to be able to identify specific actions and/or activities one undertakes to motivate co-workers to go beyond what is expected. And I do not want to discuss when their “DRIVE To EXCEL” was just a once-in-a-while thing. No… I want everyone to look internally and externally within their organizations to seek out those incidents that directly contributed to Creating → Building → Feeding The “DRIVE To EXCEL” in individuals and maybe groups for an extended period of time! So, are you confused… lost… not really getting this TRIPLE III TIME message? Well I have always believed in example-based learning…. and maybe it’s time for a customized “DRIVE To EXCEL” TOP 10!
- Send pairs of workers to one of your competitors and have them report on the pros and cons of their observations.
- Make random assignments by saying: “If you had no rules and all the money… how would you make our products/services better?”
- Encourage everyone to be a VISIONARY!
- Create special assignments for individuals with complete responsibility and short timeframes.
- Re-blend work teams all the time.
- Change seating “traditions” for every meeting, class, or training.
- Bring in non-traditional training/trainers.
- Go out in your world-of-work and ask someone different: “What do YOU think about…?” … at least weekly.
- Assume the role of a customer… and ask yourself: “Do you like what you see/hear in your company/organization?”
- Finally, take this TRIPLE III TIME message and make everyone in your organization make recommendations addressing the challenge of Creating→ Building→ Feeding The “DRIVE To EXCEL!”
What would be your Return-On-Investment?
Posted on April 9, 2021, in LEADERSHIP - ALWAYS!, Triple III. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment